Welcome, fellow stationery geeks!


I shall be using this blog to witter on about my stationery finds in general and diaries/planners and Filofaxes in particular. Please feel free to witter along with me!

Thursday 14 June 2012

Mini longing . . .

*sigh*

Rummaging through my Filofax drawer in the office, I came upon my (almost) first ever Filofax.  Oh the memories!

My actual first ever Filofax was a present from my Mum when I started temping at age 19.  What a wonderful gift that was.  I have no idea what model it was, but it was definitely a personal (way too big for me at the time unfortunately) and it was navy blue around the edges with some form of pinky/browny swirly pattern in fabric in the centre.  Whilst it wasn't one I would have chosen for myself, it was a wonderful idea and opened my eyes to the world of the Filofax.  I only wish I knew what happened to it.  I've moved house twice since then and I suspect it got thrown out.  Oh the horror!  Gutted.

Anyway, shortly afterwards (perhaps in the late 90s), I bought myself this black leather mini:

My black leather mini, with lavender mini Domino and aqua mini Finsbury

I used it relentlessly for years and years, until about 2008 when I got myself a pocket Domino in aqua.  I was looking through the diary entries from years ago and it took me back to a time where I had few commitments and a very 'free', laid-back life.  I worked 9 to 5 every day and had the odd social commitment here and there and so I only needed a mini to keep me organised.  I even had a lot of note paper in it as well as a full year's worth of diary pages and I actually used the address section as well; how I managed to fit it all in I'll never know!

My absolutely stuffed black leather mini!

The inside of my mini

The lining of my mini

Just the thought of going back to a mini makes me feel almost 'liberated' and free.  No great big heavy bag to lug around and barely any commitments or things to remember.

While I'm very tempted to try a mini out again, I just can't imagine how I'll fit in everything that I'll need when I'm out and about, and it would mean resizing all my DIY templates to the mini size (oh I so can't be bothered doing that).  The pocket size is my minimum realistically.

Oh well.  Maybe when I retire.  *sigh*


** I received a 'red card' from the Postman today.  Could that be another Filofax to collect tomorrow from the delivery office I wonder???  Watch this space . . .


Check out my Filofaxes for sale here.

Please FOLLOW ME if you enjoyed this post!

Home

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been enjoying your blog and just thought I'd stop and say hello. Hello! LOL. I just purchased a Raspberry Finsbury A5 from ebay and can't wait until I get it. Probably this monday! I've been learning so much from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only, although I've considered using a mini as a purse, all I've got right now is a really small coin purse as my credit cards now live in my filofax with my bank card in my purse with my coins, just not sure how this would work and that means another filofax purchase :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm really pleased you're enjoying my blog. I hope I don't run out of things to talk about!!!

    You've probably seen that I have a compact raspberry Finsbury; it's a really lovely colour, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

    @Alison: I've considered using a Filofax as a purse before but I only use a small purse anyway and am quite happy with it. Although who knows, one day I might have a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just don't know if it would work for me and i'm longing for a Fossil Purse so may treat myself to one of those instead!! :)

      Delete